4. WHAT IS ONLINE BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING AND HOW CAN I OPT-OUT?Targeted advertising (also known as Behavioral Advertising) uses information collected on an individual's web or mobile browsing behavior such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. This information is then used to select which advertisements should be displayed to a particular individual on websites other than our web site(s). For example, if you have shown a preference for buying a car while visiting our web site(s), you may be served an advertisement for car selling related programs when you visit a site other than our web site(s). The information collected is only linked to an anonymous cookie ID (alphanumeric number); it does not include any information that could be linked back to a particular person, such as their name, address or credit card number. The information used for targeted advertising either comes from us or through third party website publishers. If you would like to opt out of targeted advertising from us that occurs when visiting our third party advertising publishers, please click here to access the NAI Opt-Out Page. Please note that this will opt you out of targeted ads from our Company and any other participating advertisers. If you opt out, you may continue to receive online advertising from us; however, these ads may not be as relevant to you. In order for behavioral advertising opt-outs to work on your Device, your browser must be set to accept cookies. If you delete cookies, buy a new Device, access our Services from a different device, login under a different screen name, or change web browsers, you will need to opt-out again. If your browser has scripting disabled, you do not need to opt out, as online behavioral advertising technology does not work when scripting is disabled. Please check your browser's security settings to validate whether scripting is active or disabled. Additionally, many network advertising programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. The NAI Opt-Out Page provides a tool that identifies its member companies that have cookies on your browser and provides links to those companies.
6. DOES THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SERVICES APPEAR ON THE SERVICES?The Services may contain content that is supplied by a third party, and those third parties may collect web site usage information and your Device Identifier when web pages from any online or mobile Services are served to your browser. In addition, when you are using the Services, you may be directed to other sites or applications that are operated and controlled by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any of these third parties. For example, if you click on a banner advertisement, the click may take you away from one of our websites onto a different web site. These other web sites may send their own cookies to you, independently collect data or solicit Personal Information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. We encourage you to note when you leave our Services and to read the privacy statements of all third party web sites or applications before submitting any Personal Information to third parties.
8. HOW DO I CHANGE MY INFORMATION AND WHAT IF I CANCEL MY ACCOUNT?You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of account registration. If your Personal Information changes, or if you no longer desire our Services, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us through email@example.com. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. You may also cancel or modify your communications that you have elected to receive from the Services by following the instructions contained within an e-mail or by logging into your user account and changing your communication preferences. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain your Personal Information and Usage Information (including geo-location) for as long as your account with the Services is active and as needed to provide you services. Even after your account is terminated, we will retain your Personal Information and Usage Information (including geo-location, trip history, credit card information and transaction history) as needed to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, conclude any activities related to cancellation of an account (such as addressing chargebacks from your credit card companies), investigate or prevent fraud and other inappropriate activity, to enforce our agreements, and for other business reason. After a period of time, your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by us as long as necessary for us to provide our Services effectively, but our use of the anonymized data will be solely for analytic purposes.
9. WHAT SHOULD PARENTS KNOW ABOUT CHILDREN?The Company cares about the safety of children. Because our Services are not directed toward minors, no one under 18 (and certainly no children under 13) are allowed to register with or use the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If we discover that we have collected personal information from a person under 18, we will delete that information immediately. If you are a parent or guardian of a minor under the age of eighteen (18) and believe he or she has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. WHAT ABOUT SECURITY?The Personal Information and Usage Information we collect is securely stored within our databases, and we use standard, industry-wide, commercially reasonable security practices such as encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layers) for protecting your information - such as any portions of your credit card number which we retain (we do not ourselves retain your entire credit card information) and geo-location information. However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet or wireless communication, and any information you transmit to the Company you do at your own risk. We recommend that you not disclose your password to anyone.
12. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTSCalifornia's "Shine the Light" law, California Civil Code § 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from individuals in California (those who have an established business relationship with us) asking about the business' practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose your personal information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes unless you first affirmatively agree to the disclosure (opt-in) or if you have exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing (opt-out). We have opted for this alternative approach, and we do not share your personal information with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with permission at the time you provide such information.
13. WHAT ABOUT CONSENT TO TRANSFER INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES?If you are located anywhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect, including, Personal Information, will be transferred to, processed and stored in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may differ from those of the country in which you are located, and your Personal Information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States according to laws of the United States. By using the Services or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States.